How do I upload pictures?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by helpme123, Oct 2, 2009.

1. helpme123 macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPhone, and the thing seems to do nothing but fight with me (Im also probably the most technologically un-advanced person you'll ever meet). Im trying to upload pictures from the phone to my computer, but it wont work. I have it plugged in, but when I try to access it from my computer, it says no pictures...wtf? :(

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

OK you're untechnological, but do you have a Mac or a PC?

3. helpme123 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

You can email them if this is an option for you and not to many of them.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I know when I plug my iPhone into my work PC it just pops up with the image/camera import thingy and shows all my photos.

6. helpme123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that, it tells me to set up an email account. argh.

7. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

MMS it to your email address, I just tried that and it worked. Quality may not be as good, but give it a try.

8. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I'm assuming here that you have taken some photos with your iPhone, and that when you look in Photos - Camera Roll, there are some pictures there.

When you plug your iPhone into the PC, you should find the following are true:

1. In Windows Explorer, under "My Computer", you can see your iPhone listed in the Scanners and Cameras section

2. If you click on the iPhone listed there, you will see some photo files called things like "img 0003.jpg"

If 1 and 2 are true, you just need to copy those files across to a folder on your PC, and then you can open and view them, or use a photo editing program to modify them

9. helpme123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats exactly what I did, but when I click on the iPhone link in My Computer, its completely empty.

Whats an MMS?

10. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

Message with multimedia, click on messages, click upper right corner, square with pen, click camera on lower left, click choose existing, choose pic, put email address in to field, then send. Hope this works, gotta go.

11. helpme123 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I click the square/pen thing, it goes straight to where you write a message. There's no camera icon.

12. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

So, do you have any pictures in Photos - Camera Roll?

Can you view them on the phone (when you touch one of the thumbnail-sized versions)?

When you view one, do you have (at bottom left) an icon that looks like a box with an arrow leaping out of its upper right hand corner?

If you have that icon, what options does it give you when you touch it?

And, incidentally, which model of iPhone do you have?

13. helpme123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can see them fine on the phone. When I click on that icon it says "use as wallpaper", "email", and "assign to contact"

Im not sure which one I have, I bought it used from a college kid. It was only a few months old when I got it. I think he said its a 3G? Or something like that.

Thanks for all the help, I have no idea how to use this thing, it frustrates the hell outta me!

14. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

It sounds to me as if the phone's database is corrupted somehow.

If the photos are not too important to you, you will be able to fix this the following way:

1. Click the phone in the left hand iTunes pane

2. Click restore

3. When you get the option, choose "set up as new phone"

4. Let it do its stuff, then after it restores take another photo and see if the things suggested above now work.