How do I upload to Facebook in High Resolution

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pat100, Jul 26, 2014.

1. pat100, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

pat100 macrumors newbie

How do I upload to Facebook in High Resolution using my iPhone on WiFi. Do I need an app? Which ones are best for the job? (I know how to do it on a PC :) ) Shirley this must be easy?
    iphone4 on 7.1

27/07/2014 EDIT: I want to upload photos

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Wouldn't just using the Facebook app basically do that?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You dont get to choose the quality or resolution of the picture.
    Just download and install the facebook app and it will let you upload pics and videos from your phone.

4. pat100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't Facebook pull their apps from the App Store?

----------

... and I am looking to uploading photos which will display in High Resolution in Facebook

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Since when? Why?

As for uploads, where did you get that there are ways to upload photos in different resolutions to Facebook?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, they didn't.
    All you would have to do is open the appstore and search for facebook to find that answer.

Exactly, but if you go in the settings for facebook you can turn the upload HD for videos.

7. pat100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry! I had read that only the Facebook "Camera" app allowed uploading High Resolution photos to Facebook from the iPhone and that had been pulled.

What settings in the free "Facebook" app do I use to upload photos (not video) in High Resolution, i.e. 2048 pixels on the largest edge?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Again, there is no such option that can be edited in settings for pictures.
    Only one option for video.

9. pat100 thread starter macrumors newbie

If no one can recommend an app, can anyone suggest a forum where I might get an answer to my question?

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm not sure where you got the idea that you could control the resolution of images you upload to FB. The native FB app has never had that, you can't control it from the mobile website and you certainly can't control if from an actual browser window. So, wherever that info is coming from, I question it's authenticity.

Other than the native app in the app store there are other social apps that can connect to FB, but none that are integrated or do it as well as the native app. In any case, just to a search for facebook in the app store.

There is a jailbreak tweak called Facebook Internal Settings which allows you to edit certain hidden developer settings of the native Facebook app, but none of those settings have a picture upload resolution control. AND. You need to be jailbroken to install the tweak.

Lastly, uploading via the native app is easy. Go to the camera app, go to your pic and press the share button in the lower left (iOS 6). Press the FB icon and then type in your message if you want and then share.

Attached Files:

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

A place where a question without an answer (that you are looking for, given the existing answer doesn't satisfy) might get an answer?

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You still don't get it do you?
    You have NO CONTROL over the resolution settings with photo uploads to Facebook.
    Not the answer you are looking for but no other option at the moment.
    But if you want to keep asking the same question at other forums go for it.

13. pat100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just so we are talking about the same thing:
    On a windows PC using the Facebook website, in a browser, you can upload photos in High Quality. They then display in the Facebook website, in a browser, in High Resolution i.e. longest side is 2048 pixels long.
    You can also do it with a Windows app like Easy Photo Uploader.
    That facility has been available for several years.

I just want to do the same thing from an iPhone4.

And I just want to know if anyone here knows how to do that or where I might find an answer. If you don't, then, please, why bother replying?

I really am trying not to raise the temperature in here.

14. Applejuiced, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not possible when using an iPhone to upload to Facebook.
    Copy them to your PC and upload them in high resolution is another option.
    Just cause you can do it on a windows phone or other device doesn't mean it can be also done on the iPhone.

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The native Facebook app available for the iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c and 5s does not do this. You cannot control it. I know of no app in the app store that will alow you to control it.

If you want to control that then you will need to stick with what you know, which is Windows and Easy Photo Uploader.

What you want to do is not possible on an iPhone 4 because there is no program available to do what you want.

16. pat100 thread starter macrumors newbie

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

18. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I can't say if it's good or bad, I've never used it.

But if you read the features, nowhere in there does it say anything about controlling the size or resolution of the photos you are uploading.

19. pat100 thread starter macrumors newbie

From the above webpage. In answer to questions:

[​IMG]