How do I use a master template transition in Final Cut Pro?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Luis Ortega, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I was trying to use a master template transition in FCP but I can't figure out how to make it work.
    The manual is not clear on how to actually do it and neither was the help menu.
    I was trying to add the glass pane transition between two clips on the timeline. I found such a transition in the viewer window at the bottom right called the generator pop up menu.
    I can't figure out how to use it between two clips.
    Can anyone please advise on how to actually do this?
    Thanks a lot.

2. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Luis,

The master templates are not transitions. They are predefined Motion videos with some customizable parts. The "Glass Panes" one you were referring to has a few text strings and a few image drop zones; the latter can be used to add still images or video files.

When you have such a master template in the viewer, the "Controls" tab allows you to customize it. It's a very powerful concept, especially since you can add your own Motion templates this way.

Not sure if this helped... It sounded like you were trying to use it as a transition between two clips, when really these templates are really like clips of their own, not just a way to transition from one clip to another.

- Martin

3. kimengelen macrumors newbie

change the font type

Dear Marting, Do you know if you can also add a parameter somehow within the template to change the font type?

4. Deyson macrumors newbie

The font would need to be changed in Motion

If you want to change the font, you will need to do it in Motion, you can right mouse click on the clip on the timeline and choose either open in editor or open copy in editor.

I have some tutorials that may help you on my website: http://motion-master-templates.com/support

Have a great day! :)