How do I use Boxee?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ikermalli, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I just downloaded Boxee, and after fiddling around with it, I don't know how to work it, it said that it would scan my computer for my movies, but it hasn't done so, I have 3 movies, and the same ones converted for use with iPhones. How can I get it to scan my movies? Oh, also what is the idea of boxee? Is it free to download movies?

2. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Read the Forum? I got the sharing and all that, just, boxee keeps on freezing the system, when nothing else is running, also after I go through some stuff, I don't know where to get the downloads...

3. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Remember Boxee is still in alpha. Its quite good with the internet stuff, but getting your locally added content is still very hit and miss for me. Its based on XBox Media Centre, so its not really going to link in nicely with your iTunes library anytime soon. I have found that after a few startups it has found *some* of my iTunes music and *some* of my movies, but in a seemingly random fashion. I would wait for it to mature a bit before you use it as your primary media player.