How do I use Mavericks with the keyboard only ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by XPcentric, Nov 19, 2013.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

I want to know if there is any guide available to use OSX using the keyboard only. Since Mavericks, I had problems with trackpad, for example when creating a new user, some things in trackpad are disabled, etc

Some shortcuts are well know, but I wanted to be able to do the most usefull things. Now I was trying to perform a finder search and select some criteria like finding red tags smaller than 1MB, but I don't know how I could do that with keyboard only, and no trackpad.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You can create your own shortcuts if you wish:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13916

Further help is also available via system preferences / accessibility which also helps you use the KB over the mouse of trackpad.

3. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

You may want to give something like MenuMate a try it has shortcut key that when used gives you the menus of the currently focused app at the location of the cursor. Other than that the TAB key will move you around from one item to next the Enter or Space bar will select items. Command + Tab gives the application switcher add in the Shift to go backwards through the list. Command + [ to go back the ] moves you forward. Basically look at the menus for all the short cuts available for that app.