How do I use my macbook pro 15 in london/ UK?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fastpicker89, Jun 12, 2010.

1. fastpicker89 macrumors newbie

Hey, I am just going over for a few weeks. I don't want to use a converter because I had a friend who messed up their comp using that (granted it WAS a pc... tsk tsk). I just need to figure out some way to be able to charge my mac successfully and not f it up. Any tips?

Thanks.

Macbook Pro 15" 2010 1Q

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

All you need is a $5 plug adapter from RadioShack (or your country's equivalent). The adapter can handle almost any voltage and frequency combination used in the world.

3. fastpicker89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, but I'm worried about that because I had a friend who messed up theirs using that.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Their PC probably didn't have an adapter that could handle the UK's 230 V (or is it 240?) / 50 Hz. Apple's adapters can.

Not sure why anyone would buy this if they're just going to one country. If they sold the 3 ft. extension cords as a world traveler kit I'd definitely buy it, though :p

5. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Any adapter to the 3 plug socket will do. The MBP's power brick handles 110-240V itself....

6. fastpicker89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, well I guess I can go with that. Thanks much!

7. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

One other trick is to bring along an extension cord with multiple plugs. You can then plug in any many gadgets that you need to recharge using your single UK plug adapter.