How do I use Nike+ kit with other shoe brands?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ann713, Jun 26, 2011.

1. ann713, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

ann713 macrumors 6502a

I'd like to use the Nike+ running kit with non-Nike shoes, is this possible? Nothing wrong with Nikes of course, I'd just prefer my Asics. I've heard of an adapter or something of the like. Can anyone assist me? I would love to use it to track my runs but I'm totally clueless.

2. truciet macrumors 6502

most 3rd party makers have a pouch you insert the sensor into and wrap it to your shoe laces. nothing special really.

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Don't do what I did... put the sensor in between the laces. lol I lost it within 5 minutes of my walk.. took me longer to find it. teeny little thing.

Go on Amazon and search for a "nike plus shoe pouch"

4. ann713 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that! I actually didn't know these things were readily available on Amazon. :)

5. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

6. hairpin macrumors newbie

If you have an iphone 4 (like I think you might), I recommend using the Nike +GPS app. You don't need a kit. You use GPS and the accelerometer in the phone to track your mileage.

7. ann713 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just ordered one of these and one from Marware. Hopefully I'll be able to compare the two brands for future purchases.

Thank you. I actually do have an iPhone 4 but I prefer not to bring it on my runs, thus the reason for purchasing a Nike+ kit.

If I use the kit, can I leave the phone at home? What is the receiver that comes with the package for?

8. dqfay macrumors newbie

I don't know is there anything about the iphone accessories.

9. hairpin macrumors newbie

You need to connect the nike kit to an apple product. I assumed you were going to use your iphone as this is the "iphone accessories" forum.