How do I use the Apple coupons that came with our laptops?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RedTomato, Jun 29, 2007.

1. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Hiya,

We brought a few iBooks a couple of years ago, and I'm now clearing out some old papers, and I found a stack of Apple issued coupons that came with the iBooks (and with my personal Powerbook too).

They say things like 'proof of purchase of iLife '05 + Mac OS X v10.4' and 'To be used to get Software Updates and other special offers from Apple'.

Now, I've never in my life seen any OSX special offer from Apple that requested you send them a paper coupon. Is this a USA thing? (I'm in the UK).

Are my coupons just junk? They do represent about £4000 of Apple hardware purchases after all :confused:

2. iWillard macrumors regular

iWillard

Yep, they are junk. They used to come with the old laptops in case the new iLife was released (while the laptop sat in inventory) and it for some reason didn't make it onto your computer or into the computer box (in disc form)...

3. RedTomato thread starter macrumors 68040

RedTomato

So they don't come with the Intel macs?

Ah the passing of an era....

4. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I got some of those with my MacBook...

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

And even then, as long as you had registered your purchase, there was no need.

6. Mernak macrumors 6502

We used one of them to get updates to the OS when we had dial-up, because it would take forever to download.

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

So I should be throwing those out? Aren't they for mailing in if you ever lose your set-up DVD's so ya don't have to buy new ones?