How do I use the GPS etc on my new phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bulldog VII, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all

If I have a criticism of apple it's the lack of instruction you get on how to use things!

Has anyone stumbled across a link or knows how I use the tracking facility??

I have seen the video on the apple.com website (which wasn't very helpful)

Thanks

Phil

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Have you seen the iPhone video on apple.com where they demo how to use the features? :eek:

IIRC, you simply go into Google maps and it will use the GPS to show your location, and update it as you move. Is that what you mean by "tracking facility"?

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

It's pretty straight forward, really.

Hit the crosshair on the bottom left of the screen, finds you. From there you can hit Directions, type in the address and hit Route. Done.

4. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I don't have a new 3G iPhone but if it's like the first generations iPhone.....

Go to maps and touch the icon in the most lower left of the screen. On my phone, the icon is a circle that has some lines in it.

5. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

6. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, tomorrow I am doing the London Bikeathon & cycling about 80 miles (I know seemed like a good idea at the time!)

I was under the impression that there is a GPS tracking facility on the phone where I can 'record' how far I have cycled??

Hope this makes it clearer??