How do I view the details of my last workout?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by WarHeadz, Sep 20, 2015.

1. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

When I finish my run, the watch shows me a summary of how long this exercise session was, how many miles I ran, how many calories I burnt, etc. Problem is, how do I access these details after I save the workout? I looked on the activity app on my iPhone, and looked all over the Watch, but all I see are general stats. I don't want to know how many miles I walked in a whole day, I just want to see my last workout details! Am I missing something or is this not available?

Edit: Nevermind I found it in the iPhone activity app. That's good, but is it viewable on the watch? I keep missing it though because I constantly find myself looking for it. They should make it a bit more pronounced.

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

On Activity app on iPhone. Swipe down to Exercise, you'll see all your exercises there, then swipe right to left to see details.

3. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yeah I was looking for specific workout details. If you scroll down a little lower you get a "Workouts" tab where you can view the specific workout. I found it on the iPhone, but I guess you can't see it on the watch.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Did you try swiping up on the Green Ring on the Watch?

5. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yep, no details there

6. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Correct, there is nothing on the watch about last workout in 1.0.1.

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Can't view the details again on the Watch. All of your workout data is stored in Health.app.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Actually the Activity App is the best place to view details of a specific Workout. Health App is an aggregation of data.

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Same data is stored in both places. You need to check your Workouts section in Health.app.

10. Julien, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Show me splits in the Health App.:D How about individual time/calories/names of Workouts done in a day. I could go on and on but the Health App is NOT the way to view details of Workouts. You need the Activity App.

11. Bob190 macrumors 6502

It is idiotic that you can't see your prior workout details on the watch. Even cheap running watches allow you to do this. I have a $50 Garmin 10 that shows your prior history. I don't understand why this is, and hopefully a 3rd party app will come along that does this.

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

True, but even the Activity App pales in comparison to Garmin Connect. Apple is offering just enough to cover the masses. Adding Workout data to the :apple:Watch interface would contribute to the 'interface is too complex' argument.

Can't wait to see what wOS2 3ed party apps like Nike+ will offer on :apple:Watch. However we may have to wait on a few updates before a more comprehensive summary is offered.

13. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I'm actually on 2.0 and it's still the same way. Hopefully Apple will add this in the future.

14. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I seriously doubt Apple will (not Apple like at all) but 3ed party apps could/might.

15. Goodebar macrumors newbie

Goodebar

I would like to be able to view my running stats WHILE I AM RUNNING. For that reason I wear my Pebble watch also when I run, as it shows me a continuous face displaying my time distance and pace overall (usuing Runkeeper).

16. Goodebar macrumors newbie

Goodebar

A moment ago New

Goodebar
    macrumors newbie

May 17, 2012
    Tampa
    I would like to be able to view my running stats WHILE I AM RUNNING. For that reason I wear my Pebble watch also when I run, as it shows me a continuous face displaying my time distance and pace overall (using Runkeeper).