How do I virginze a ZiPhone'd iPhone with 1.1.4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kardashian, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hey Guys,

I've just sold my iPhone on eBay and I want to restore everything to factory - basically, re-virginize it to erase my data and essentially re-lock it after using ZiPhone.

I then need to unlock it again, and only have access to a Windows PC so could someone please offer advise on how/what to use?

Thanks muchly guys :)

2. jeffmc macrumors 6502

you no longer need to virginize with 1.1.4

restore in itunes, it will break your unlock, then re-unlock it

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

How would I re-unlock on Windows safely?

Thanks for the advice :)

4. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

Use iLiberty+ or Pwnage your iPhone, though you can only do this sucessfully or easily on a Mac, but if you have a Mac available Pwning is the safest, however iLiberty+ is much more safer and stable than ZiPhone

5. Watashiwaandes macrumors newbie

how about a 1.1.3 Ziphone JB'd iphone. Could you just go straight into itunes to virginize/restore it or would you have to boot in DFU mode or put it restore mode or anything like that?

6. lucab1982 macrumors member

I used Ziphone 3 last night on my 1.1.4 iphone. I did the whole procedure unlock/jailbreak from the advanced menu.

It worked. I then wanted to restore the whole thing so I used iTunes to reinstall 1.1.4 and clean it up.

I am still able to put other sim cards in the iPhone however iTunes doesn't like it when I connect it to the Macbook.

I really want it it to become a virgin again. I am not sure how to go about this as it seems to have done this:

Not quite sure how to get this back to normal...