How do I watch .mp4/.mov videos online with iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrDexx, Nov 8, 2010.

1. MrDexx macrumors member

Hey guys,

I'm lost...maybe you can help!

I've exported a movie I made in iMovie in various formats:

.m4v, .mp4 (H.264), .mov

but no matter what, when I attempt upload the movies to my website using Amazon S3, and attempt to watch the movies in Safari on the iPhone, I'm prompted that flash is required!

I was under the impression that such file types would be playable by the iPhone?

I've gone to other websites that have videos uploaded by the site owner (privately, not using a free site like YouTube) and can watch the videos no problem on the iPhone.

Can anyone direct me to a site or information on how to export a video to be viewable on the iPhone's browser WITHOUT needing to download flash?

Please help!

2. Bratheryst macrumors newbie

Its not the format that's hurting you, its the viewer. It sounds like the Amazon site requires flash to operate, however, the iPhone doesn't have an installed flash player. The easy answer to this is try to upload the movie on a site that doesn't require flash.

Youtube has its own app on the iPhone. The normal website doesn't work on the iPhone, but the app views nearly everything thats available on Youtube.