How do I wireless sync Notes w/ exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Larsennet, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Larsennet macrumors member

I just got an iphone for the first time and everything is working as I expect so far except for syncing notes with Exchange. I thought I read that iOS4 now supports wireless syncing native. When I go to Settings, Mail,Contacts,Calendar then click on the account in question Notes doesn't show up as an option to turn on, only Mail,Contacts,Calendar. Do I have to do something to make is show up? I know this can be done syncing manually with itunes but I want it to happen in real time. I found an app that does it called iMExchange2, it's only a trial and works great but I don't want to pay for it if it's supposed to work out of the box, I'd rather use the native app.

Second question:
    iMExchange2 is an in app purchase. Does this sync back to itunes so that if I change devices I'll always have?

Thanks

2. thebubbatex macrumors regular

Notes does not sync with any smartphone - maybe the new Windows phone 7, but not any others (as far as I know). So you are getting everything that can be delivered with the iPhone. I had iMExchange when I had a 3GS and it works, but it is yet another program. And yes, once you purchase it, its in iTunes when you sync.

3. vistadude macrumors 65816

4. bridgecross macrumors newbie

not really

Notes syncs with many smartphones. I carry all flavors, iPhone, Blackberry and Droid. The Blackberry in particular is designed to mirror an Exchange server in the enterprise, it has every function as though I were at my desk. I love my iPhone but since I use Notes and Tasks on the desktop I have to keep the Blackberry.

5. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Notes in Exchange is garbage. If you want to sync notes with your computer look into using Evernote. Much better.

6. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

If you have Gmail you can sync notes when you setup via IMAP (I.e select 'Gmail' from the email setup menu). You can have both Exchange setup for Email, Contacts and Calendar and IMAP setup for notes at the same time.