Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

After G

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2003
California
How do I delete photos (not the full res ones, but the other ones) off my iPod individually after syncing them with iTunes?

How do I control how much space is used for disk, and how much is used for music, like my Shuffle?

If I think of anything else, I'll ask. Thanks in advance for the help.

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
I don't think you can delete photos on-the-go, but you can create a new album in iPhoto with only the ones you want and sync with that. I do this by setting a keyword on those photos I don't want as "Exclude" or something similar then having a smart album where the condition is "Keyword is not Exclude". This way new photos will be added to the album automatically unless I exclude them specifically.

Again, for the music size, I use a smart playlist that is limited to a certain size in MB.

After G

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2003
California
Haha, on second thought ... maybe I shouldn't have worded the title that way.

I just would like a disk slider like on my Shuffle, I guess. But the iPhoto keyword thing seems like a good idea.

Any ideas how to do photo keyword type things without spending much using a PC? I got my Apple-hater roommate to buy an iPod nano, after much coaxing, and this seems to bother him.

Thanks again for the help.

*** the keyword thing is to help him sort his photos out on his Nano in a nice manner on PC, not just for their own sake, just to clarify.

mopre

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2005
How do you delete pictures from the nano period ?! Can I individually delete some or do they all go?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.