How Do I

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TxAg88, Jul 29, 2008.

1. TxAg88 macrumors newbie

is there any way to highlight multiple emails and delete them all at once?

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

When you're in the mail app, click the edit button on the top right. Then you'll be able to highlight several emails and then delete or move all of them at once.

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

when you're in your e-mail, when you click edit, you can delete multiple items.. you don't necessarily highlight them, you put a check mark in the circle of the e-mails you want deleted..

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You need to press EDIT and the emails will have a circle next to each one, and all you do is press the circle next to each email and then when you've selected ALL the emails press DELETE at the bottom left of your iPhone (it should be RED w/white lettering). And POOF, you're done...:p

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Having to push "edit" in order to delete something doesn't strike me as the most intuitive concept -- the most intuitive thing to do would be to look for something labeled "delete." Surely it isn't "dumb" for someone not to realize that's how things are done on the iPhone interface until it is explained to them?

6. TonyMil macrumors member

Thanks. I never knew either and I've been deleting them one at a time myself.

7. TxAg88 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

much appreciation to all that answered. Gig em