Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mynewromantica

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
I downloaded a free Picasa uploader plug in. I am not sure how to install it. I know I just need to drop it into a folder somewhere, but I don't remember where? I have attached a screen shot of what the icon for it looks like, i thought that may help.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-13 at 11.24.34 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-13 at 11.24.34 AM.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 10,178

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Ok, then go to /Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins and drop it in. Restart Aperture and it should show up. If not make sure the plug-in works with your version of Aperture.

mynewromantica

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
That is what I tried originally, but it did not have the Plug-Ins folder. I manually created the Plug-Ins folder and now it works.

Thanks

EBenninger

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2012
Installing Aperture Plug-ins

Thanks Everyone!

All I had to do was create the "Plug-ins and Export" folders in the following file path and restart Aperture... And now in File > Export menu, the Picasa plugin is available.

~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins/Export

(~ means user home folder e.g. for user "homer" the ~ points to folder /Users/homer)

To access your Library folder on OS X 10.7 and newer, click on your desktop and the go up to the "Go" menu at the top menu bar. Click on Go, then press the Option key and "Library" will appear in the list.

The plugin is available here through Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/aperture-picasa-plugin/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.