How do Install Photoshop Elements 6.0 after trial

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ferrarofilms, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ferrarofilms macrumors member

I run Photoshop Elements 6.0, then I puchased the real thing. I tried to put the serial number on it and it does not work. After 2 weeks I got an answer from Adobe telling be that it does not work and that it needs clean installation with the new CD. I tried everything and it does not let install the new one. Removed the old components, installed the trial again and tried to uninstall, impossible, So I am sitting here with a new software and I can not use it.
    Any help and experience is welcome.
    Thanks

2. grumbledown macrumors newbie

Installing Adobe Photoshop Elements 6

I downloaded the trial version then purchased and downloaded following the Adobe site instructions.
    The serial no. I was given was not recognized. I was advised to uninstall but I found no toll to uninstall with. :mad:

Every time I tried to setup I got an error message telling me something about payloads and to view the setup log. That was impossible to find.:mad:

After two days of trying I found the answer....:)

1. Adobe did not tell me in email I received that I did not need to download the software again only enter the serial no. that they sent me.
    2. Having downloaded again I tried to open the program from the dmg extension starting PSE_6_M...... This was in its own folder in applications.
    3. I then looked in the download folder and found the same application.
    4. I ran that, then when the install started I had a choice to either install or uninstall.
    5. I uninstalled, emptied the Trash and the downloaded the software from Adobe again.
    6. I then ran the install from within the Downloads folder, entered the serial no. and hey presto it worked.

Not the easiest installation and I have to say Adobe were not much help.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

After uninstalling, check your preference folder within User/Libary for any .plist for that program and delete it (them)

And then install the full version.