How do it know? Where did it go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by intriqken, Jul 22, 2014.

1. intriqken macrumors newbie

I received my new iphone 5S a couple of weeks ago and where my old 4S would tell me how long it would take to get to work and how long it would take to get home on the info page along with local weather, the new one doesn't.
    I checked settings for Frequent locations and everything looks fine and on.
    How can I get my iphone to tell me how long the work and home commutes will take like the old one did?

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Is Traffic in System Services also turned on? I've read that you may have to do the commute a few times.

3. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

If you have location services (GPS) on and your beginning and end point it will tell tell you the time through the notification center.

4. intriqken thread starter macrumors newbie

I cannot find either SYSTEM SERVICES or TRAFFIC in the SETTINGS folder so I don't know how to turn it on. I have both HOME and WORK identified in my contacts and in SIRI and have made the trips over a dozen times with regularity to both

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

System Services should be under Privacy > Location Services. Maybe you have it disabled in this section?

6. intriqken thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Ann.
    I followed the path you laid and all services are green...all of them are turned on.
    Location Services, Frequent Locations, Traffic, etc.

Don't know why it doesn't work. Maybe I got a 4S-1/2 instead of a 5S ???
    :(

7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

It takes iOS literally a couple weeks for it to analyze this info & display it. If it has been more than 15 days, and you've been following a similar routine, there may be an issue.

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It takes at least 2 full weeks to learn your driving patterns. Give it time, especially if it's been less than 14 days since you received your new phone.