How do my MBP 2.16 temps look?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Sharky II, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Sharky II macrumors 6502a

Sharky II

Hi there, i just got a 'nearly new' 15" MBP - 2.16Ghz Core Duo from work. It's a great machine, i upgraded from a Powerbook G4 1.25GHz so it's a massive jump in portable power.

It also has a 100GB 7200rpm HD inside.

I've noticed that it's not that quiet, though, and the fans constantly spin. It's quite hot. On the PB, the fans would be off until you ran the CPU at 100% (or near) for a while, then the fan would come on. However the fans are always on here. When pretty much idle, they were both @ around 1000rpm, like now the mbp is sitting on a table with quite a few apps open but not much going on other than itunes and me typing this message. Just a second ago though, my CPU temp in istat was at 80+

There's a pic of my istat info attached.

Does this look normal? Or is my machine running particularly hot? I guess the core 2 duos run cooler. Plus i have the 7200rpm drive.

Thanks - i tried a search but it was hard to find info on this specifically.

Attached Files:

2. Sharky II thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sharky II

Damn... wrong forum... if someone could delete this that'd be great... i'll repost it in the correct forum. Thanks