How do online order returns work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by S1njin, Jun 17, 2010.

1. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I know w/ VZW (having JUST gone through this), if you order it online you have to return it via FedEx back to online.

W/ ATT I think I read somewhere you can bring it to your nearest store? Is this true?

I'm wondering what will happen if my order is all SNAFU and I end up getting my iPhone thru Best Buy only to see ATT drop a phone off a day or two later. Can I just bring it to my local store and return it?

Do I get hit w/ a restock fee if its unopened / unactivated?

Thx.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you order via ATT then I doubt you'll be able to get one @ BB @ the upgrade price. ATT's computers likely (I say likely, because, hey its ATT), have the phone you bought from them marked as your upgrade phone. You might want to talk w/ ATT to find out what your real options.

3. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

You have to either:
    1. Cancel your AT&T pre-order, and risk not getting one at Best Buy
    2. Wait one day and receive your phone for sure.

Unless you are leaving the state like I am and home delivery is no longer an option, I suggest you go with option 2.

4. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Hrm ... excellent point. I suppose I'd have to cancel my pre-order early.

Come to think of it, it looks like I've got a 50 dollar gift card to buy a apple charger.

Nice angle there, I should have picked up on it early. I'm sure lots of folks here who have 'backup plans' will hit this same issue.