How Do People Sell Their Allocation of iPhone 4S on eBay?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HUGE AL, Oct 10, 2011.

1. HUGE AL macrumors regular

On launch, I saw the average price of the 64GB ATT sitting at USD$1600.

What are the steps that people take to accomplish a Listing like this?

If you're an existing ATT customer and qualify for an upgrade, do you simply sign up an additional account?

At what point do you pay the Early Termination Fee ("$325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete") to ATT?

I read (in only one place) that you have to terminate AFTER the first month. I assume this is to take you outside the "30 day return period" so they can't come after you for the phone. Correct?

If a person opts to pay the Early Termination Fee, does that remove their eligibility to upgrade to an iPhone 5 when it launches? (Didn't see anything in ATT's Ts&Cs.)

Understand that this is the iPhone Hacks Section, but this thought is to take the burden off getting a new 4S and having it sit there (as we all love our Jailbroken iP4s) until the Pwnage Jailbreak comes out for iOS5…plus, the knowledge base here is outstanding! :)

2. Almeuit macrumors regular

No clue. But anyone to buy a phone for $1000+...when it would be available in a month or so is stupid as ****....

3. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

That's the benefit that rich people can enjoy :rolleyes: