How do picture messages show up on your AT&T bill?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AreYouIn?, Sep 24, 2009.

1. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I know no one technically has picture messaging on their iphone right now but on other phones on your plan that have it. I'm trying to figure out how many minutes we will need when we switch to AT&T, we have Verizon right now. The way Verizon has picture messaging is it shows up as a call on your phone list and cost you a minute.

ex:
    [​IMG]

Thats what it looks like when I go look at all the calls for a certain line (of course the no's are numbers). I don't know if AT&T lets you see it that way.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Try calling at&t customer service. The hold times suck, but they usually are pretty helpful with these sorts of things. Just ask them how MMS will work tomorrow on your bill.

Tell them you are wanting to switch but have questions/ concerns. They'll likely jump through hoops to help because they think they'll get an activation from you.

3. Blueravr macrumors member

under the detailed section of your bill for messaging it says text beside the normal ones and mms beside the others.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's treated like a text message on AT&T. So if you have unlimited texting, you have unlimited MMS. If you have the 200 text plan a month, sending or receiving an MMS deducts from that 200.

5. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

So does it subtract away from your anytime minutes like evil verizon does?

6. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

My online account shows as "Multimedia Messaging" under the Data tabs

There are two tabs Voice and Data usage

Data is for text/mms/internet usage

7. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

no it doesn't (hmmmmmm evil verizon, eh? i thought everyone loved verizon and hated at$t???? seems that verizon has a nick in it's armour?)

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nope.