How do pre-orders for iPhones work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sap12690, Aug 16, 2011.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

Super excited about the iPhone 5, how does the pre-ordering work? when i got my iphone 4 i did it through AT&T and had to wait about a month from release day because i ordered after it was released. This time i plan to go to the apple store. How does the preordering with apple work? Can they pull up my AT&T account and see im eligible for an upgrade? Please help me!!:confused:

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I preordered my iPhone 4 from Best Buy and got it on day one. No lines, no waiting, nothing. Once I was there to pick it up, then they looked at my AT&T account. I would assume Apple's is pretty close to the same.

3. Krandor macrumors 6502

Last year I placed a pre-order online from Apple when they became available and actually got mine a day or two before the official release date. Very simple and went very smooth.

SO yes, you can pre-order through Apple and they will have your AT&T info.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Apple will check your account to see if you're eligible for an upgrade. After that point you can select to have it shipped (to your billing address on your cell phone bill) or select reserver an iPhone. You'll ever receive the phone by mail on release day (maybe even a few days before like the iPhone 4 release), or you can get a reservation at the Apple Store and they'll hold your device for the launch day, but after that its up for grabs.