Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legion103

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Hi guys,

With the announcement of the new iPhone's less than 24 hours away, I was wondering how the process of pre-ordering the new model works.

This will be my first time upgrading as part of Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program and want to make sure I cover all the bases.

Thank you!

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Painless process. “Pre-approval” will probably start tomorrow afternoon. Apple app usually best/easiest way to go. Select phone/model/capacity and get approved. It saves your selection in the app;you go back in when pre-orders start and complete order.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I do it in the Apple Store app. Definitely saves some time and worth doing. You answer some questions and it makes it pretty painless when it's officially time to preorder.

Reactions: AustinIllini

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hi guys,

With the announcement of the new iPhone's less than 24 hours away, I was wondering how the process of pre-ordering the new model works.

This will be my first time upgrading as part of Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program and want to make sure I cover all the bases.

Thank you!
Apple will then roll out the "Pre-Approval" where you can actually start entering your personal info and the carrier info, I believe you can also select the model and the storage size at this time (don't remember it's been 1 year since I did this). Once approved, you will then sit tight and relax and when the pre-order starts you can immediately jump to that and complete the order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.