Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
In regards to tuition?

I ask as many of you know I am in NY and I have decided to pursure grad school back home

Thing is is that I do not have in state qualification anywhere

What do schools check for?

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
(This is from a decade ago, so take it for what it's worth)

Out of state tuition was killing me, so after my freshman year, I took a full year off to get residency.

The University of Texas needed proof of 12 months of continuous Texas residency. Proof consisted of my apartment lease and a letter from my employer (and pay stubs) showing 12 months of full time employment in Texas. I also could not be declared a dependent on my parents' taxes, and attend any other university or college in Texas during that time.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
(This is from a decade ago, so take it for what it's worth)

Out of state tuition was killing me, so after my freshman year, I took a full year off to get residency.

The University of Texas needed proof of 12 months of continuous Texas residency. Proof consisted of my apartment lease and a letter from my employer (and pay stubs) showing 12 months of full time employment in Texas. I also could not be declared a dependent on my parents' taxes, and attend any other university or college in Texas during that time.

what if i used my parents address in colorado and just said i didnt work during the last year?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.