How do transfer a whole bunch of playlists to another computer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ruzzeh, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Ruzzeh macrumors newbie

so I have like 20+ playlists on my laptop itunes. I got a spanking new desktop and i'm looking to transfer everything over to my itunes on the computer. i'm running vista on the laptop and windows7 on the computer.

how do I do this with the same artwork, play counts, lyrics added etc onto the computer?

thanks!

2. eelhead01 macrumors member

External hard drive?
    If you have one or can get one. I transferred all my music like that. I threw all my music on a external and did a clean install of Snow leopard on my iMac. I also did it from my old laptop to my iMac when I sold my laptop.

3. Ruzzeh thread starter macrumors newbie

external HDD? I don't get it. I don't mean the actual transfering of the mp3 and wma files. I mean the playlists of songs at the left column of iTunes...

4. eelhead01 macrumors member

Oh just the play lists. Not that I know of you can't just take the name from the tab and do it. You have to open the playlist and have the songs showing on your iTunes and then pull the songs onto an external.

5. eelhead01 macrumors member

It's to bad you not running mac because there is a program you can download for free that you can pull all your music with playlists and counts off your iPod and put it into your iTunes.