iPod how do u get games on the ipod??

a.h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
i have a 30gb ipod that allows video playback..and i have the latest software...i bought the games but when i update the ipod, the games arent going onto it...help!

also, the dvd ripping thing, is there any software that works for windows?

AcetoneCM

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2004
Plano, TX
Similar problem

Got a 5gen iPod. I authorized the game to play, but i cannot check the sync games button in the summary. It says I need a software update to play the games, but my iPod has the latest software. v1.1.2. The iPod summary thing even says that my software is up-to-date. This is kinda annoying. I wanted to play tetris.

andysmith

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2004
West Mids, UK
AcetoneCM said:
Got a 5gen iPod. I authorized the game to play, but i cannot check the sync games button in the summary. It says I need a software update to play the games, but my iPod has the latest software. v1.1.2. The iPod summary thing even says that my software is up-to-date. This is kinda annoying. I wanted to play tetris.
Try quitting iTunes and re-opening. It should see the software update - I had the same problem.

a.h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
i tried that whole process and its still not working, i even restarted the comp, its still saying i am not authorized to have this on my comp...i have a pc btw, not a mac

also, how can u tell if its a 5th gen ipod?

AcetoneCM

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2004
Plano, TX
Nada

Yeah, nothing happened. Restarted and the whole shabang. I'm going to try re-installing iTunes and hope for the best, and if that doesnt work then i will revert my iPod

a.h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
i just installed the new itunes and still nothing...and i have a 5th gen ipod...wht is wrong with this thing???

tikistyle

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2006
AcetoneCM said:
the latest iPod version is 1.20 -- go online and make sure you're up to date.

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
a.h said:
i tried that whole process and its still not working, i even restarted the comp, its still saying i am not authorized to have this on my comp...i have a pc btw, not a mac

also, how can u tell if its a 5th gen ipod?
I also had the 'not authorised' thing. I just authorised it again and all is well.