Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dextor143

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
USA
I have Iphone 4 with 1.59.00 baseband and currently I am running 4.2.1. I software unlocked it and ever since than kept my bb secured.

I have been searching online but no one has shown me that they have upgraded the software without upgrading the BB and keeping the unlocked feature(software unlock)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SR

Dextor143

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
USA
^ is that means, once the unthethared solution is released, I can just upgrade while keeping my BB down to 1.59.00. will that keep my software unlock feature still active?

thanks again.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
^ is that means, once the unthethared solution is released, I can just upgrade while keeping my BB down to 1.59.00. will that keep my software unlock feature still active?

thanks again.

no you will always have to your the update firmware while preserving your baseband method

what applejuice is saying is the jailbreak for iOS 5 is tether right now and thats not as appealing to some as an untethered jailbreak

but you must always follow the steps to preserve you baseband regardless if you update now and use the tethered jailbreak or wait to do it when a untethered has been released

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

thanks again.

Yes, you will have to update using a custom JB ipsw that maintains your unlockable baseband.
If you ever update to stock firmware your unlock will be lost forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.