How do we access our own Macrumors profile?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by John Jacob, Mar 30, 2009.

1. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

In any Macrumors thread, if we click on the name of a user who has posted, we get a dropdown menu with four items:
    • View public profile
    • Visit user's homepage
    • Find more posts by user
    • Add user to buddy list
    But how do I access my own public profile, or see my own posts? I looked high and low, and I haven't yet been able to find a way, other than by navigating to some thread that I remember I have posted in, finding my own post, and clicking on my name and accessing the dropdown menu. Forums -> Quick Links -> User Control Panel does allow me to EDIT my profile, but I can't find an easy way to view my profile or search my own old posts.

I tried an MRoogle search but I couldn't find an answer there either. Anybody knows? :confused:

I'm sure there is a quick and easy way, and it was right under my nose all the while. :mad:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Top left of any forum page -- "User CP" link. From there, you can use the Edit Profile and other options on the left to customize your profile and other user settings. To simply see it... yeah, I guess that's the most logical way, or you can bookmark it, but why do you want to just look at your own profile so often?

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You're almost there: "Quick Links" --> "My Profile" is the quickest way to just view your profile.

4. John Jacob thread starter macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

Mostly, just to see my post count.

You are absolutely right! I can't believe I missed that one. It was right under my nose all the time. :eek: