How do we know when rMB battery is fully charged?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by R4ng3r, May 30, 2015.

1. R4ng3r macrumors member

R4ng3r

Question here.. In the past, the magsafe (amber / green light) provide us with a rough gauge when battery is fully charged. Now that we are using USB-C how do we know when it is fully charged especially if it is turn off?

I have also ordered USB-A to USB-C cable, would it damage the laptop if we use the iPhone plug (5W) to charge? I believe it will charge slower than the original power adapter thats all right?

Apologies if these questions have been answered before as i am unable to find the threads. :confused:

2. illusionx macrumors 6502

If it's on, you can just look at the top right of the screen and you would see the information from OSX.

But you do have a good question for when the lid is closed. I don't think there are any ways to know.

3. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

It works just like an iOS device in this regard. You can't tell when it is just sitting there at all - instead when you open the lid and the lock screen comes up, you will be able to see the battery gauge.

Only difference is you have to open the lid instead of hit the home button.

4. R4ng3r thread starter macrumors member

R4ng3r

Thanks for answering to my queries.
    Yeah, that is one of my concern and i think i can live with it :)
    Anyway, have you tried charging your rMB with the iPhone plug (5W) using USB-A to USB-C?

Yeah, totally agree to that.. Not a major issue though
    Anyway, have you receive your rMB already? :D
    Saw at some thread that you are still waiting for the item to come