how do we report cartography errors to apple?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by sakau2007, Sep 26, 2012.

1. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

i live in a neighborhood that was built in 2007. a trailer park was redeveloped but on apple maps, it still has the old streets from the trailer park listed even though it is completely wrong now.

how do i go about reporting the issue to apple so it can get in the queue to be corrected? is there any way to access apple's maps from a PC or other desktop computer? Or is it iOS only? Is there any kind of (primitive) mapmaker feature available like what Google has implemented?

2. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Touch the page flip in the map app.
    Right above print there is a link to report problems

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

Then wait 6 months and see if anything has been done about it.

4. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Says who? iOS 6 has been out 1 week today.
    If its not meeting your needs move on.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The ultimate slap in the face. When Apple says you live in a trailer park. lol

6. dotme macrumors 6502a

Unless you own this forum, keep your condescending attitude to yourself.

There are plenty of reports in the thread below of people reporting errors on iOS 6 maps back in June that have not been addressed still.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1385928

7. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

You snarked first. Plenty of folks are dissatisfied with Maps. Plenty of other folks are impatient with the constant complaining.

8. Appleseeds macrumors regular

And one more time.
    If its not meeting your needs move on.

9. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Edit: disregard this. I didn't actually read the thread.

10. sakau2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Why do people think saying things like "If it doesn't meet your needs, move on" is a legitimately good response?

Um, yeah, we can always buy different products. Thanks for teaching me what I already knew when I was 7 or 8 years old.

For whatever reason, people on this forum are having difficulty accepting that Apple iPhone 5/iOS 6 is no longer the clear winner for everyone anymore.

I post on all kinds of forums, but this is the only one that basically tells me "Don't like it? Tough. That's how it's always going to be and your problems will never be solved."

If I have a simple problem with my Acura, posters on Acura forums I regular don't tersely tell me to move on, try a BMW, etc...

To those of you who told me the process of reporting errors (a process which does seem subpar), thank you very much.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Report it doing as others have suggested. On the other hand...

DON'T do this. Do the OPPOSITE of this, in fact. Most are speculating that the more people use maps and contribute (crowd-source) data, the better maps will be. If everyone "just waits 6 months" it will be exactly the same 6 months from now.

12. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Edit: never mind not even worth it.