Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

How do ya feel about apple clear xr case now?

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
A clear case is just a piece of clear plastic. There is no magic for the Apple one except the magical price. As much a fan of Apple products I am, I don't think it's smart buying that case. A high quality clear plastic case is available everywhere for just $3-4.

Comment

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
A clear case is just a piece of clear plastic. There is no magic for the Apple one except the magical price. As much a fan of Apple products I am, I don't think it's smart buying that case. A high quality clear plastic case is available everywhere for just $3-4.
The problem with your $3 to $4 cases is they look disgusting after a few weeks. What I think OP is trying to ask is if there's any advantage to paying that Apple premium. It was theorized early on that they had possibly found a way to keep the plastic from yellowing and it would be worth the extra cash.

I haven't seen any updates recently so I'm a little curious myself.

Reactions: alpi123
Comment

thadoggfather

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
that actually wasn't my question ^, but they apparently don't yellow since its polycarbonate not tpu

Reactions: PeteS1963
Comment

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2011
I bought mine on eBay https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_...id=223403945353&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658
Very lightly used for about 20$ In the beginning of March.

I honestly like it so far. I really like the feel of it (not too big, provides decent protection). It does have a tendency to pick up dog hair and small bits of dust under it but not a scratch on the phone itself. No yellowing so far.
Wouldn’t pay over 20ish for it though.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.