How Do you Active Personal Hotspot?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stockcerts, Mar 9, 2011.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I'm sure it's right in front of me, but I don't see the option to turn on personal hot spot in 4.3. Any help would be appreciated!

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

3. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you, I found it. Does everyone get the prompt to go to the AT&T website before being able to use this feature? I went to the website and didn't see anything there about the wireless hotspot feature.

4. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

yeah, how do you activate it without jailbreaking or involving AT&T?

I don't need their input or their gaming of fees.

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

You don't.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Exactly. Pick the lesser one you have issue with: jb or AT&T.

7. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

If you're trying to broadcast a hotspot without jailbreaking, you will have to pay for it through AT&T.

If you have unlimited data, you will have to step down to 2GB, and then the hotspot adds $20/mo.

The recent change that allows free mobile to mobile regardless of carrier has allowed many of us to reduce our voice plans. And very few of us would really ever go over 2GB.

You might find after some analysis that you would be able to pay for the hotspot feature without having a higher bill, if you are able to lower your voice minutes because of the new feature that includes all carriers.