How do you add a word to the prediction dictionary?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DDustiNN, Feb 16, 2011.

1. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

If I type an unknown word, it gets underlined in red, indicating that it's a misspelled or unknown word. If I click on the word, I'm given some auto-correct options, none of which I want. But I don't see anything that will let me save the word for future use. How do I do that? My Android phone did it automatically, and I thought I read that you could do it on the iPhone too...

2. patp Guest

i don't believe you can. With my old Balckberry you could actually create your own dictionary and key combinations. I would tks and Thanks, would appear. Stuff like that I do miss.

3. kardiackeith macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Go to notes and type the word in 6 times.

4. DDustiNN thread starter macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

You know... I thought you were just being a smart-ass, but that actually worked, lol... Thanks! :D

5. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

It's a learning dictionary. Thus it requires several typings of the word, but it does learn.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

My phone must be an old dog. It can't even remember my last name.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

iPhones will start using us instead of the other way around soon.

8. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Yes, it is a learning dictionary. However, am I the only one that has spelled "the", "tge" so many times that it no longer corrects itself to "the" anymore? I always have to tap it and change it to "the", or every now and then I need to reset my predictive text dictionary.
    Very annoying :(