How do you add an app to community sources?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Mercury7, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

Hi, I am just trying to get a grip on how all of this works, I check for updates everyday and new programs become available. but how does this work, is there a master guru out there that you submit the apps to? Or is there a place where the writers go and upload directly? Is there any testing before uploading other than the original author?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows....sometimes I feel silly downloading a program to the touch not knowing these things. I wonder if there are lots of other people who are dependent on the gui based thing with no desire to mess with ssh etc. Scott

2. Darkjenso macrumors regular

this is a really good point actually, I also would like to know the details behind iPhone / itouch programming

3. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same thing with summerboard themes. There are probably thousands of them out there, and only like 30 in installer. So how do we submit them?? Or is there someone who goes around finding them and putting them on installer? If so, how do we submit ours to this person?

4. Mercury7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just bumping this since it did'nt get answered yet

5. hecks macrumors regular

30 seconds of Googling produced this:

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

Explains package format needed for Installer.app, and how to contribute. Includes links to Community Sources providers. That should be enough to get you started.