how do you all feel about this article on steve jobs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by krossfyter, Oct 9, 2011.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

2. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Steve himself said it best to one of his haters...

(paraphrasing)
    "What have you created?"

3. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Yep haters gonna hate. This guy sounds full of it.

4. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

It may as well have been a chapter from his diary. This guy didn't know Jobs in any intimate or personal capacity, his opinion is as valuable as any random person (read: worth nothing). All this is to me is an attempt to get some hits.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

...Which it does, since people post it on forums...

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I thought the writer expressed that point in their writing.

Most of the articles of this flavor seem to focus on a few things. First Apple's closed systems, second their high prices/huge mark ups and steve jobs was more of an innovator than an inventor.

Some have some valid points and others opinions.

Either way Steve was able to take the walkman and put a twist on it and was able to sell millions of iPods.
    He took from devices such as the ipaq, palm, blackberry, and other cell phones and packaged it into a pretty package. Along with that a store to easily purchase media for the device.
    The iPad well tablets have been floating around for years. again, he was able to package it and with the support of a on line store make it very easy for people to get programs and media.
    In my opinion Steve was the guy that listened to all of our conversations where we said would it be great if there was a device that did this.......
    The vision Steve had to make it happen is what is lacking with in the corporate world. Steve listened, innovated, introduced, and steered the consumer using the technology today in preparation for tomorrow.

To me the negative articles fail to see the innovator, sales man and businessman sides of Steve Jobs. All they express is their personal dislikes of how he executed those three roles.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Steve Had The Last Laugh

There are many people like this around, but they don't like Apple, they bleat on about overpricing etc. But you know what? Give them an hour or so with an Apple device and all but the complete idiots will change their minds.

Look at Apple's sales figures, who's laughing? Not the guy that wrote that tripe. I proved this with a friend of mine...."I don't like Apple I will never buy anything from the" Why? I asked...? He couldn't give me any sane reason at all.

Anyway when I got my new iMac back in July, he came over for a beer. "What's that"? He said, looks fantastic...I said "you won't like it, it's an Apple. Anyway, he asked if he could try it out..(27" i7) Guess what?

Yep, he ordered one three weeks ago, eat humble pie...If these people have valid criticisms then I'll listen to them, but don't slag off what you have never tried. He is really pleased with his newbie and loves the fact that he doesn't have to constantly wait for Windows to install over bloated updates.

He sold his PC:D

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

One of my friends is an Apple hater, and when I point out that he owns an iPod, uses Quicktime and uses iTunes he says that 'he has to' because its 'the only way to listen to music on the go, watch videos on your computer and play/manage music on your computer. What a bunch of ****. Hypocrites...:rolleyes: