How Do You Arrange Your Apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Sep 28, 2008.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm very curious as to how others arrange their apps within their iPod touch.

I'm a new owner and am having trouble settling on how to leave my apps, in what order, and what page.

Essentially right now they're just organized by how important they are. In the first page I have Stanza, airsharing and google's mobile app just to name a few. And in the 2nd page I have a few free games, restaurant finders, flashlight app and music and app store. Finally in the 3rd page the apps I don't really use like clock or calculator. Obviously I can access any app easily so not much of a biggie. But can't for the life of me settle on what apps should go where and why.

Finally, the 4 bottom apps. What apps do you have there? I'd assume they'd be the most important to you, no? I have the default ones now.

2. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I have 3 pages so far. One is the 'main apps' that is mostly all apple apps, like contacts, calendar, youtube, etc. The 2nd page is my game/productivity apps and my 3rd page is preferences/installing apps. The docks has my main apps I use, Ipod, MXTube, Web and Mail....I guess I should just write down what apps I have on each page.

1st Page: Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Clock, Maps, Weather, Showtimes, Stocks, Youtube, Photos

2nd Page: Splash Money, Chores, Calculator, Koi Pond, Aki Mahjong, Sudoku, Aurora Feint, Othello

3rd Page:iTunes, AppStore, Installer (probably get rid of this though), Cydia (because of this), Prefs, BossPrefs, Winterboard.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Nice. How's money splash btw? Can it sync up a online banking or something?

I just made my 4 main apps at the bottom stanza, I procrastinate, music and videos.

In the first page still have the google app as the first one. I'm a huge google guy. Also airsharing song with YouTube mail and the other apple ones. In the 2nd are games and other random ones from the app store like ebay, aim, phone flix, remote and others that I might use but not on a daily basis. Finally the third page has the ones I really might just use once a week like the zippo lighter app or calculator. Feeling content here people. :cool:

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

well I have about 5 pages, one line on each. The most useful always in dock (videos, safari, music). I also keep apps i use most often on the right so i dont have to stretch my thumb, or god forbid, use another finger.

all apps i barely use are hidden with poof and accessable via dock.

5. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

i have all the preinstalled apps on page 1, then games and things on page 2, and other items page 3.

Page 1: Mail, Photos, Camera, Weather, YouTube, Maps, iTunes, App Store, Optus iZoo, Notes, Calculator, Stocks, Contacts, Clock, Calender, Settings.

Page 2: AirSharing, Remote, Shazam, Converter, Labyrinth Lite, Matches, iMaze Lite, Scribble, Tris, reMovem free, OmNomNom, Cube Runner, Band, Cro-Mag, Tap Tap, Monkey Ball.

Page 3: TouchReflex, AIM, Metronome, iTick, Flashlight, Sudoku, Sudoku (yes i have 2)

Dock: Phone, SMS, Safari, iPod.

BTW: this is iPhone, forgot you were talking Touch. Sorry

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Dock: Music, Videos, Photos, Settings.

1st page: Safari, Calendar, Mail, Contacts, YouTube, Stocks, Maps, Weather, Clock, Calculator, Notes, Nike+iPod, iTunes, App Store (in other words, all of the 'native' apps).

2nd page: The apps I find myself using a lot (once a day or so); Facebook, Myspace, Remote, Google, Dictionary, Last.fm, Wikipanion, Palringo, WeDict, etc.

3rd page: Games.

4th page: More games.

5th page: Random apps that I only use from time to time but not a whole lot.

7. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Mine are almost the same. I have three pages: Apple, Games, and everything else.

8. archi17 macrumors regular

First page I have all apps that come with it, except for stocks, which i replaced with Palringo. And they are half randomly ordered. Down the bottom i have Videos > Photos > Safari > music. I am thinking of moving photos and Videos out because i dont use them as much as i thought.

2nd page is all my games

3rd page is Facebook, twitter, myspcae, ebay, airsharing, some weather radar, and a few ones i dont use.

9. Funplex macrumors regular

First page: I leave it like it would kinda look after a restore. Very simple and clean.

Page 2: commonly used stuff-- Balance, weatherbug, AIM, iTunes, (moved off first page) and such

page 3: Games

page 4: movie showtimes, flickr, dictionary, NY times, remote, other medium use apps

5: full of commonly used web links buttons, including LOL Cats, hehe

6: traffic webcams, wiki search, zip codes, zintin, various stargazing tools

page 7: link to recent earthquake data, whirrl, dial zero, light, a binary clock, net detect, ip locator, google transit, etc

page 8:Air sharing, where, whoshere, facebook, map of airports, beat-per-min counter, translator, checkplease, wallet, etc

page 9: more games and knick-knacks like the fake lighters and fun stuff.

10. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Splash money is great. I love it. I haven't used the online sync with my bank, I just don't like my private info floating on the web. From what I seen in a video though it seems very cool how it will download and show you all your transactions.

11. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Pages:

1. All the original Apple apps, including the Nike+ on my 2G, with Safari, Music, Videos, and Settings in the dock.

2. Games!

3. Apps that work without internet, but are not exactly 'games', like molecules and iSaber.

4. Webapps and applications that require internet to function, such as the ebay and Woot apps.

That's it! I used to have eight pages, but now that I know which apps I use, I only keep those half on there. I love my iPod Touch! :apple::apple:

12. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

Dock: Music, Safari, Mail, Settings

everything else is wherever