How do you arrange your Calenders ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Philgr, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Philgr macrumors regular

I have always had trouble in keeping a managed calender.

the release of Mobileme and iphone 2.0 it finally seems like i can get my act together.

i currently have a work calender in Outlook and my iCal calender, and Mobileme and a iphone, i have access to my iCal thru mobile me and my work calender through exchange, its the first time i have managed to have my calender on the move and its great :)

But how do you guys manage your ical calenders, im finding i am creating a new calender for anything. and duplicating entries on my work and my ical.

can you guys give me some suggestions on how to manage a home calender and a work calender

Thanks in advance

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have 7 calendars:
    • Home
    • Work
    • School
    • Kingdom of Loathing (a game I play)
    • Private
    • ...and two others that I don't use anymore, and should probably delete.
    As for managing your calendars, I think that it helps to come up with a sensible grouping system - for example, if you tend to create more calendars than you actually need, find event groups that logically go together. A good example: You're part of a family of 3, and keep track of everyone's appointments. You could have 1 calendar for yourself, and 1 each for the 2 other people in the family. If you need more granularity than that, you can make calendar folders.

3. MisterEd macrumors 6502

It must be a bit of an annoyance having one calendar in Outlook, and the other in iCal...

I think I pretty much organise mine like a lot of other people:
    Home
    Uni - timetable
    - exams
    - general
    Money
    Work

I sometimes struggle to keep it 100% up to date, I usually end up spending a while doing it all in one go about every week.

Ed

4. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

I really should start using them more....

• Family Birthdays
    • Home
    • School
    • Holidays
    • Work
    • Family