How do you attach a picture? Is it just me?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pufftissue, Sep 24, 2007.

1. pufftissue macrumors regular

Idiocy on apple's part.

I imported a photo into iphoto b/c i let iphoto handle my pic needs.

Now when attaching a pic to an internet forum or ebay, not only can I not bust into my iphoto library, the finder sucks majorly in allowing one to view the pics' contents. The thumbnails are ridiculous and worse than XP released in 2001.

What are the easy ways to simply ATTACH a PHOTO?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

The photos in the iPhoto library are usually way too large to upload to a web site. You have to create a gif file with the picture that's compatible with the site you're working with.

A workaround is to email yourself a pic from iPhoto using that function in iPhoto. You can choose the smallest option picture size to send and it creates it for you.

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Just drag the picture from iPhoto to wherever you want it. If you need to edit it, drag it to the desktop first. If you want to browse the files yourself, use column view.

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i have to say i'm with the OP on this one. yes you can mail the pic to yourself in various resolutions. but that's hardly user friendly.

i wish you could just go to iphoto and drag and drop a pic in every application. a simple menue should pop up and you select the desired resolution (in pixel or kilobyte and not in silly small/medium/large).
    also you should be able to select a part of the pic and copy paste that into every application without first creating a copy of the pic in iphoto and cropping it. (e.g. i want to just send a pic of somebodies face that i select from a vacation pic).

in general apple is handling pictures not very good. the finder thumbnail view is worse than in windows. in safari i can't right click a picture and get it's properties and pixel resolution.

i hope leopard improves that but i doubt it.

5. DCBass macrumors 6502

Media Browser

One thing I never understood was why the Media Browser is only in the iLife programs... why not the Finder?!

I think this alone would make a large difference in working with Photos on the Mac.

6. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I believe that usingthe export function will allow you to choose your size. Just export to your desktop and send to eBay or wherever from there. The library in the finder is not meant to be mucked about in. Corruption and other damage will result. Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app and all will be fine. Export is your friend! Use it! :)

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I agree. That would be a very useful feature.

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It sure does, at any resolution you choose. At first I liked the suggesting of being prompted to select a resolution when dragging out of iPhoto but on second thought I would not want to be forced to click through a stop sign every time I dragged an image.

9. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

You can hit shift-command-4 to do a partial screen grap, double click on the the resulting png and save it as a JPEG at any compression level you want.

10. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Or, crop the photo, send it, then revert to original. That's what that feature is for (one of the things, at least!).

11. newrigel macrumors newbie

newrigel

EXACLY!!! This is way easier than Windows...
    Windows is NOT a true drag and drop environment... And not everywhere within windows can you drag a file anywhere and drop it.