Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dphamily

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
How do I backup/save my text messages onto my mac? DOes it auto backup via itunes? If so, where are the files saved? Thanks in advance.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
It doesn't sync txt.

i'm not sure whether it syncs notes, but it does, indeed, sync your text messages. it's weird, though. the first time i restored my iphone, nothing was restored. not the settings, nor the text messages. the last time i tried it, almost everything was there. i didn't have to change a thing. the wallpaper was the same, so were the text messages and all the settings. the only thing that was missing were my youtube bookmarks.

n00basaur

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2007
i'm not sure whether it syncs notes, but it does, indeed, sync your text messages. it's weird, though. the first time i restored my iphone, nothing was restored. not the settings, nor the text messages. the last time i tried it, almost everything was there. i didn't have to change a thing. the wallpaper was the same, so were the text messages and all the settings. the only thing that was missing were my youtube bookmarks.

Yeah I've noticed everything is back in place after doing a reset but I don't see anything in itunes of where it stores txt.

axi

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
it's possible

texts are stored within an iphone backup, and you can extract them from there. a free solution to accomplish this would be http://insend.de

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.