How do you BUY Mywi?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by whistler222, Aug 4, 2010.

1. whistler222 macrumors 6502

I downloaded this.. but it says "trial over in 9 days".

Ok. how do i just pay now and get a regular license? i can't find it anywhere.. bizarro..

Sorry for a 'silly' question.

Thanks!

2. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

3. whistler222 thread starter macrumors 6502

hahah oh ok

'here's my money'
    "NO!"

:D thank you!

4. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

I think they may want you to make sure that you like the program, but yea, I'm ready to buy.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

6. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I actually had the same question yesterday but as I was looking on my phone I now have Rock and I did not have it yesterday. login with the user info you had to input when you downloaded mywi and there is an option to pay in there.

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Pfft I purchased the upgrade for 9.99 was charged and never given my license, as it says I am still on th trial. They took the money from my paypal account to, yes to no license and still on my trial. Emailed their support and filed claim with paypal for my money back since they took my money but never recognized my purchase license....pain in the ass!

8. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

Jesus christ, file a paypal claim? Relax, nobody is trying to steal your precious $10. Restart rock and restart your phone before you cry like this.

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I simply installed the trial which also installed Rock. I then logged into my account online through my computer and bought MyWi. I then logged into Rock on my phone and went to licenses and it activated my MyWi to the activated version.

It was all pretty easy.

10. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Same thing I did - It's not rocket science.....Well, it appears to be more than rocket science to some people. :rolleyes:

When I went into the Rock app on my phone, it also transferred the licenses for the other software I bought. However, now that I think about it, it didn't do this as fast as I wanted. I am filing a complaint with someone!

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why not file a claim if he paid for it and didnt get a licence?
    And his emails to customer support went ignored and unanswered just like they used to do in the past.
    Good product but their customer service sucks and they never respond to anyone. What else is he supposed to do, buy it again?:rolleyes:

13. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

He DID get a license. And every time I've filled in the Contact form on their web site, they replied within a day.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How do you know he got one?
    I heard alot of rants about their customer support never responding. Im glad you got thru to them but if he didnt and even with a chargeback from paypal they still ignored him then something is not going smooth IMO.

15. mokeiko macrumors 6502

What if you purchased the app from Cydia and want to upgrade, how does that work?

If I download the latest version using Rock, would it know that I had a previous purchase with Cydia and will it let me pay for the upgrade price?

mokeiko

16. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Do I have to make a video tutorial???

As long as you use the same account.

17. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Because he said he bought one. The OPs misunderstanding is he thinks they give/send him a license. They don't and the OP should know this since he got the upgrade price which means he was using MyWi 3. The same process was used with it.

As someone else mentioned, I did the following;

1. Bought an upgrade license at the RYP site via my computer.
    2. Installed MyWi 4 via Cydia, which also installed the Rock App
    3. Started the Rock app, entered the email address and password I use at the RYP web site.
    4. When I did this, the Rock app connected to the RYP server
    5. I was asked if I want to transfer my licenses to the new phone.
    6. I said Yes
    7. Then the licenses for all products I've purchased from them, including MyWi 4, were downloaded into the Rock app
    8. Started MyWi, no more trial license.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I see.
    Im not sure how it works cause I never installed anything from Rock.
    But it would be nice if the company you're paying at least responds to give some help.

19. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

He was being completely irrational by immediately filing a claim and not bothering trying to wait for a response. This is the typical awful american consumer attitude.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know cause just Americans act that way:rolleyes:

21. mokeiko macrumors 6502

Sorry I wasn't being clear. I purchased the app through Cydia, The Non-Rock version, I think it was through Appsidy (no longer in business?).

So, if I download and install the Rock version, sign in with my account (previously purchased other apps through them before), Rock would know I purchased the app before through Cydia, via Appsidy, and only charge me the upgrade price?

mokeiko

22. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

If he was anyone but an American he would have run to the government to solve the problem. Aren't stereotypes fun?