How do you bypass the 148 apps limit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lllll, Oct 23, 2009.

1. lllll macrumors regular

Hi, I'm still new here and don't have an iPhone but heard that it also has the same apps limit as the iPod Touch (which I use to have).

How do you bypass the 148 apps limit. And yes, I'm love apps and play with each different apps every minutes. Don't you think that it's ridiculous that there's now over 80,000 apps in the apps store but we can only have 148 apps in our device? :D

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

If you install more apps you just use spotlight to search for them.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You can load more than that, they just don't appear on the launch page. You use spotlight to search for the title and it can be launched from there.

Not perfect, but there you go.

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

5. Kuddles macrumors member

Jailbreak. Download Categories. Move the apps to your defined folders.

6. OriginalFormula macrumors regular

There's an app for that.

But as others have said, it's Spotlight.

7. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Just posted this in another thread, but:

First, you have to be an app-aholic and have 11 pages of iPhone apps (and more hidden ones since they can’t be displayed). Then move some of the default apps you do not use like “Weather,” “Stocks,” “YouTube,” “Audio Memo,” etc. to the last page.
    Now take one icon from the 10th page and drag it over to the 11th page. This will force the last icon to be booted off the page and into the iPhone abyss!
    Now download another app to replace that empty space. And magically, a 12th page will be created with all the apps you weren’t able to view on it. I repeated the same steps and was able to make a 13th page.

8. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    He is Correct

I tried this and it totally works, you might have to play with it a little. The thing that threw me off is that the new page is not created after the last page. It's somewhere in the middle. I don't know how many pages can be created, but I am going to find out tonight!

EDIT : He or She is correct

9. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Genus!

10. sfditty macrumors regular

Yes it is, I'll be bookmarking this thread for when the time comes... I haven't seen this posted elsewhere. It should be put in a sticky.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just to be clear though, you have to fill every page entirely with apps until you can do this? You can't just fill the 11th and 12th page entirely to do this?