Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abih

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
I have a Macbook Pro and have recently bought a Samsung P2370 monitor so that I have a larger monitor to work on photos in Photoshop. I've got the monitor working the problem is I can't calibrate it. I have a Huey MEU101 calibrator and it's allowing me to calibrate the macbook monitor, but not the external monitor, I assume because the computer sees the 2 monitors as one combined one. As I specifically got it to work with images on the larger monitor, this is a problem.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I don't mind if it involves temporarily disabling the macbook monitor and only working with the external monitor in Photoshop (though the dual monitors are pretty useful). I've read various forums that seem to suggest that I might need 2 graphics cards, or that it might be that the software on the Huey doesn't support dual monitors and I need the pro version.

Please could you make any suggestions in easy to understand layman's terms - I'm not a technical wizz!

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.