How do you carry you iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by email68, Jan 22, 2008.

1. email68 macrumors regular

I'm looking for a carrying case for my iPhone.

I've used Ripoff cases in the past and they have one for the iPhone. So I was thinking of getting that one. But I want to hear from you what your favorite case is.

Ripoffs case.

http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/coiq/coiq.html

2. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I use this case and it has worked for 4 months now with no issues. Also the clip does not dent the back of iPhone like some others do.

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/holster-pro/iphone/27

I also bought the screen protector from apple store as the ones I bought on eBay didn't fit right.

3. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I use a Timbuk2 iPod case to port it around in my pocket and then if I'm carrying my messenger bag (or pretty much any bag) I can just attach it to the strap. Doesn't add too much bulk and it gives you a versatile case.

4. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I use the flip2 from iqase. I love this case. It has a flip top so you can easily use while in the case but it also slips out of the case easy so youcan use it without the case if you want to. Its says its out of stock right know but i think its worth waiting for.

http://www.iqase.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4

5. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

8. sigamy macrumors 65816

Best Skins Ever total body and iPod sock. Probably don't even need the sock. Keeps the slim profile of the phone.

I hate bulky cases and I refuse to wear anything on my belt until the year 2020 (aka, "The Future").

9. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

10. shane1598 macrumors member

In right pocket, naked, screen on inside (on thigh), and upsidedown. Makes for a one motion when answering calls. :cool:

but to answer you ? I have had it since iday and have no scratches or dings. It is the strongest phone i have ever owned.

11. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

In my pocket.

Dropped it onto concrete once... tiny little dent less than 1mm square... it even bounced a few times. This really is a well built phone!

(and I like to think the dent adds character :))

12. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I would like to know what women do?

I am going to get an iphone in the next month or so, but I don't know what my options are for carrying it.

I am planning to put a BSE on it for everyday, and I will just put it in my purse and back pocket (when wearing jeans). But I don't know how to carry it at work.

I have to dress up at work, there are either no pockets or no room in the pockets of dress pants, and I do not have my purse with me at work.

Is a holster type case my only option? I just want something that I can take the naked phone out of when using it.

So.... women what do you do?

13. drawstring macrumors member

i have an incase case; but i rarely use it. carrying it "naked" feels better. also i hate the way cases make it larger, and make taking it and out of pocket more difficult.

sure i've got plenty of scratches and dents, and sure i've dropped it a few times.

but really, i didn't buy this toy for anything but what it can do - so in my view, it already comes with a case protecting the precious insides that make it tick; the brushed aluminum provided by apple.

14. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Naked, naked, naked!!

I make sure to put it in a pocket with nothing else -- no keys or change or other stuff to potentially scratch it. It's still flawless, though I haven't had it that long....

15. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I put my iPhone in a 60GB 5G iPod video case, it works great, had it since launch and no scratches :)

16. mrJnC macrumors regular

Upside down attached to a belt loop via a Rivet Loop Clip. The Rivet holds the phone securely, yet allows some freedom of movement that would cause other systems (holsters in particular) to break off. I've never dropped a phone using the Rivet. Speaker fires upwards for incoming calls/alarms. Also I can tilt the phone up and read/enter data without having to liberate it from the clip if I choose.

Screen is protected by some generic screen protector.

17. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

Suede Jacket

The phone is tough enough to take nearly anything, it seems. I've dropped mine several times, and it seems like it's really impact resistant. I just use this to prevent scratches, though it seems really hard to scratch.

Perfect fit, and it lets the phone stay super thin.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm

18. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I have the incase rubber case and then a crystal screen protector. I use that alone when I have big pockets, but then also use my old Treo sideways belt clip carrying case when I need to clip it to my belt. With the rubber incase on the iphone, it fits perfectly into the Treo case.

19. CKohkah macrumors 6502

I personally am looking for something with a flip open front so when its in my pocket or coat I can just flip open the top and use it, at home it goes naked.

20. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

Incase rubber sleeve with Crystal Film over the screen. I have had it this way since iPhone Day One. The rubber sleeve makes it hard to get out of my pocket when wearing jeans, but it is protected from the vicissitudes of daily life, so I have learned to live with the occasional slight inconvenience. :cool:

21. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

22. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

24. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

In my pocket, naked. Yes I can be naked and still have pockets.