Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Probably a silly question, but for those with the 6 plus do you find it makes your pocket uncomfortably hot in warm climates? I was just thinking that a large iPhone that tends to warm up a little when being used might cause you to sweat a little more -- and possibly cause damage.

I play Ingress a lot - and that can warm up the phone especially if I'm in direct sunlight. But I've noticed as soon as I turn off the phone and stick it in my pocket, the phone cools down significantly so it is never a heat generator. But it stays warm for awhile but never uncomfortably so (if I'm already sweating and it's in the sun).

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
i carry my 6 plus w/leather case in my front shirt pocket 95% of the time. If I'm wearing a shirt with no shirt pocket I will put in in my (Levi's Jeans) left front pants pocket.

If in jeans pocket and feels tight when driving or sitting I will pull it out and place in on a table or desk. In my car I usually place it in the car mount.

The size really hasn't been an issue for me though it has required more attention than my iPhone 5 that I could place in any pocket without a thought.

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
Probably a silly question, but for those with the 6 plus do you find it makes your pocket uncomfortably hot in warm climates? I was just thinking that a large iPhone that tends to warm up a little when being used might cause you to sweat a little more -- and possibly cause damage.
Unless you're playing pocket pool or something with your phone, I don't see how it would heat up being asleep in your pocket.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I play Ingress a lot - and that can warm up the phone especially if I'm in direct sunlight. But I've noticed as soon as I turn off the phone and stick it in my pocket, the phone cools down significantly so it is never a heat generator. But it stays warm for awhile but never uncomfortably so (if I'm already sweating and it's in the sun).

Good to know--thanks!

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I keep my 6+ in my left front pocket of pants/shorts.... Using the Navy blue leather case from apple...

Same thing here, I always carry my phone in my left front pocket. Then again, I'm not wearing skinny jeans so I really don't have a problem.

Midnight Blue is my favorite case color. ;)

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I use a PDAir leather holster that clips to my belt whilst at work and when out and about in my personal time I use that same method or slip it into my shirt pocket.

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
California
But how do people carry it around? My 5 goes in either my side or back jeans pocket no problem. Do people find they can do this with a 6 plus? If not, do you all literally hold it all the time when shopping, or buying coffee, or going on a walk?

Enlighten me!

I have the iPhone 6 plus here, I use a timbuk2 pouch. I don't use a case for my iPhone, and I don't really like putting it in my pocket.
I have a couple of these, one for the bag and one for the belt. They can be attached to a belt or to a backpack strap.

BluePhoenixRa

macrumors regular
May 19, 2012
These have to be men's pockets. I fit my 6 Plus in my front jeans pocket with plenty of room to spare, though I usually put it in one of the front pockets on my Staad Backpack.

Women's jean's pockets? forget it.

Holsters seem tacky to me unless I'm out in the field wearing PPE.

And it shows no sign of bending?

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Naked in my front pocket of whatever I am wearing be it jeans cargo or gym shorts.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
My hand or large coat pockets--never back pants pockets

Don't know if it would matter, I have leaned on it with my hand while it was laying on my center SUV console. No damage.

Carny13

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2014
Front right pocket. Or if I'm feeling god I'll throw it in my satchel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 119

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
I keep it in my front pocket. I would never put a phone in my back pocket for the same reasons I stopped doing that with my wallet in my early 20s. Too uncomfortable to be sitting on and things fall out of your back pocket much easier than the front.

Thank you!!! I never understood the back pocket for your cell phone. Wallet too.

----------

Exact same set-up, except I have Apple's Blue Leather case. I was surprised at how easy the plus slides in and out of my front pocket.

Has your case turned to black yet? I have the black leather on my 6. I love these cases. Getting Brown next.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Mine simply goes into my left front pocket. Whenever I get in the car, I take it out and it sits on my lap because I usually need to plug in the headset for calls. One of these days I'll go Bluetooth...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.