How do you carry your iPad around?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Tritons, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Tritons macrumors 6502

Title pretty much says it all. How do you carry your iPad arround? Do you use only smart cover, do you use somekind of case/purse?

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

My iPad 1 is in a Vaja case (I have two -- brown and black) and is toted around in a dark gray messenger style bag.

3. imotionb18 macrumors member

I've got a smart cover on the front, a belkin case on the back, and I carry it around in a black messinger bag.

4. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you post pictures of your bags?
    I want to carry iPad with me and not to leave it at car so I need a bag or something to carry my iPad.

5. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I picked this backpack up while travelling recently. My Ipad is in an Otter box case and this is the ideal size.

Attached Files:

• Ipad.jpg
      Ipad.jpg
      File size:
      46.6 KB
      Views:
  6. ChristianJapan, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

7. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

The iPad (w/ SmartCover and polycarbonate back protector) and an Origami Workstation holding an Apple Wireless Keyboard go in a Waterfield Designs "Travel Express" form fitting case (www.sfbags.com) if I'm going to a business meeting. If I'm out for the day, the iPad and OW (along with other stuff) go in a Timbuk2 small messenger bag.

If I could get away with it without hearing my wife complain that I already have too many bags, I'd get a classier messenger bag like a Muzetto, also from Waterfield Designs. (I never complain she has too many purses or shoes. I don't know why she thinks a single bag for my stuff is enough.) :D

8. macboomerang macrumors newbie

I made a combined hardbox and stand, using some plywood, which alows me to carry it safely around.

[​IMG]

9. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

iPad 2 is in a Piel Frama case. For light travel, it goes in a Waterfield Exo sleeve. If I'm really going somewhere, I get to add my beautiful 11" Muzetto bag with a Apple wireless keyboard in a Waterfield sleeve. My husband uses a Waterfield Wallet for his iPad and keyboard.

Can you tell I have a Waterfield problem?:D

Don't look or you too might get hooked!

10. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but I still havent find perfect one for me. If I get a case I still have to hold it in my hands, so I need a bag or something, but not a backpack. What I need is a big pocket :p

11. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I just picked up a white Samsonite leather sleeve while traveling in Belgium after getting frustrated by the lines of dust and the extra bulk the smart cover adds during use.

I carry it around in a messenger style bag from Fossil, which is close to perfect but it is a very tight fit to get my Origami case for my Apple BT keyboard in it so I'm still searching for a bag. This will be my third bag now so I can just imagine what my girlfriend will say about it....

12. ruvil macrumors regular

13. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I have an SFBags Travel Express (no d-links or strap) that I use as a sleeve for my iPad and cables and things and then I put that into the laptop pocket of my backpack since I use it in class for notes and things

14. IrishVixen, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Rather than reinvent the wheel, you might want to check this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=937533

It's got pictures and links to a LOT of bag options. I go there to drool over messenger bags every once in a while. And though the title's aimed at the mostly male crowd around here, there's a lot that will work for either gender.

I'm personally not much help to you--I buy purses all over the place, none of them specifically designed for the iPad. :D The only iPad specific bag I've bought was a custom one from Etsy, and it turns out I rarely use it, though it's very nice. That's this one, though mine is resized a bit larger to accommodate the Apple Wireless Keyboard and a few other things. http://www.etsy.com/listing/74471753/ipad-messenger-bag-gray-herringbone If I were to do it over, I'd order it in a vertical form instead of horizontal. Workmanship is excellent though.

15. Tesyz macrumors newbie

My iPad 2 is protect by an invisible shield clear skin. I carry my iPad with a BE.EZ bag : http://www.be-ez.com/le-rush-1315.html (The Black Coffee version). It's a very good bag, because of many way of carrying and the very good quality of this product.

16. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

My iPad in the brown Vaja Case:

[​IMG]

My gray bag. It is very slouchy and comfortable to wear both when I am in my business suit or when I am in jeans or shorts. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did not keep the maroon one.