How do you carry your Phablet?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Sep 29, 2014.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

As the title says .... In your pocket? .... Belt case? ..... Back or full case, with or with belt clip?

I have the Note 4 on pre-order and thinking about getting a slim back case, and putting it in a belt case when on the move.

Never had a phablet before, so I'm afraid to just rely on my front pocket.

2. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

3. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

My Lumia 1520 fits nicely in my pocket. I have a case on it, plan to not really have it in my pocket while I'm sitting, and so forth. But on the move, it's in my pocket.

4. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

LOL ... If I was like 6'7, I would have that covered.

5. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Breast pocket of my jacket when outdoors, otherwise normal front pants pocket. Inevitably it will have to be chucked in a bag now and then, so good to have a sleeve or flip case of some kind just for those occasions.

6. tbayrgs, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Just had a flashback of everyone with Moto startacs and razrs clipped to their belts. Please, please don't go the belt clip route--a phablet on your waist will look ridiculous.

My 6+ is ridiculously large as many here like to point out yet it fits just fine in my front pocket, wearing what I'd consider typical shorts or trousers.

Attached Files:

7. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

I guess I'll be okay with it in my pocket for the most part since the 1520 is slightly bigger. Thanks.

Good point.

8. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

As long as you're not wearing skinny jeans, you should be fine. ;)

I always just stick with jeans when I can. Nice, comfortable, what I have to wear at work, and durable. Hope you enjoy your Note 4 as much as I'm enjoying my 1520.

9. The Game 161 macrumors Pentium

The Game 161

10. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

LOL....that reminds me of the late 90's early 2000's. I used to have my work cell phone...personal cell phone and work pager. Then we were testing VOIP phones. So some of us had 4 devices on our belts. It was crazy......

11. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Yeah, I have to admit I was guilty of rocking the belt clip/holster for a time as well. Thank God I eventually came to my senses.

12. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

13. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

14. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

15. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Jacket/hoodie pocket or purse. Getting a wallet-style folio wristlet for it for when it's warm and I don't want to carry a huge purse.

16. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I couldn't help but laugh at that photo.
    Thank you. :D

17. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

It's always in my front right pocket, it has no case or screen protector, just totally naked. Not a scratch or blemish on it. I also take it to the gym every day where I either carry it in my pocket, or put it on the floor or a bench if I'm afraid it might fall out.

18. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

Damn you brave. I'm at least going to put a slim back case on it. I'm also going to take Oohara's suggestion and get a cheap sleeve case for when I put it in my backpack.

19. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

Purse or my hand. Yeah, sometimes i just walk around holding it, probably not the safest thing right?

20. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

In my pocket or jacket or sometimes I just walk with it. Honestly in the summer if I'm playing sports or something I may just carry an old flip phone we have and forward my number. I don't always need a full blown tablet with me.

21. cracksoup macrumors 6502

cracksoup

It fits all the pockets in all my pants and shorts. So yeah, it's the pockets for me. However I like the feel of my Note 3 so sometimes I just hold it. I get really fast access to it in this way as well.

22. plusnq macrumors member

23. viskon macrumors 6502

My Note 3 fits in all my pants and shorts. No problem on that front.