All iPads How do you change carriers with Apple SIM?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MTShipp, Oct 26, 2014.

1. MTShipp macrumors 6502a

IPad Air 2. Decided to try out T-Mobile. Selected a plan and discovered there is too poor of coverage in my area. I am trying to determine how to switch to a different carrier but there does not seem to be an option, or Apple article, explaining how.

Anyone?

2. Jades macrumors 6502

Cellular data - choose data plan - and then add a new one from there

If you pay for sprint and T-Mobile at the same time, it's just a click of a button and you can switch between the two at any time

3. MTShipp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Choose data plan is no longer present. Only option is the manage T-Mobile account. No back button or other way to select a different carrier. It is as if it is locked down to TM or something.

I already canceled the account.

4. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Sounds like TMobile has locked the Apple sim card just like AT&T does. Your only choice is to obtain a sim from another carrier.

5. MTShipp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Found it. It is a little confusing but you actually select the option to add a new plan. You then get the Sprint option (AT&T is now gone from list).

The confusion was it appeared you were selecting a new plan with T-Mobile. But that was not the case.

I will probably get a new SIM anyway and go with AT&T since their coverage in my area is better. I wanted to try TM to save money but that was a bust.

6. Rigby macrumors 601

Jades, do you actually have two plans active? If so, could you do me a favor and check whether the ICCID value in Settings/General/About changes when you switch between carriers?

7. Jades macrumors 6502

No longer active anymore, but I still have the option to select both carriers. I can have a look later on when I can get hold of the sim again