How do you change wallpaper in theme or lockscreen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shibony, Jul 30, 2011.

1. shibony macrumors newbie

I always see a theme/lockscreen I really like but I don't like the wallpaper it comes with and I want to change it. How can you do that? I have open ssh but I don't know what to do from there.:confused:

2. Andy Ftw, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

Andy Ftw macrumors regular

First you'll need to browse to where the themes are stored, so you'll need to to var/stash/themes.xXxxxXxX (random numbers/letters). Here you can see all themes downloaded from Cydia (you can also add/remove theme from here via SSH easily).

Next find the theme you're looking change the wallpaper of, and look for a file called "wallpaper.png" or "wallpaper@2x.png" and likewise for the lockscreen. You can simply delete these files and respring and you'll have your default iOS wallpaper which you can change using the normal way in the photos/settings app or whatever :)

Alternatively you could replace the image file for one you wanted, as long as you name it the same :)

You can use this same method to modify/delete any parts of themes really, like icons (stored in the bundles section of a theme) or just UI images (stored in the UIImages folder ;)).

3. shibony thread starter macrumors newbie

wow thanks :D