How do you charge your Milanese Loop Apple watch (without a stand?)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DoctorWho, Apr 26, 2015.

1. DoctorWho Suspended

DoctorWho

Hey all,

I hope you are all enjoying your shiny new Apple Watches!

When you charge your Apple Watch with Milanese Loop, what's the best way to have it laying down? I ask this because I've noticed that, due to the magnetic band, it tends to bunch up and doesn't sit flat for the most part. How do you get around this? Do you have a special way of laying it down? Do you remove the band completely? I don't have a stand yet, so I'm wondering how everyone charges their Watch without one.

Thanks!

2. 3under2 macrumors regular

3under2

3. DoctorWho thread starter Suspended

DoctorWho

I have. Though not ideal, it works for the most part. The problem is mostly when I'm away from home and don't have the box with me, which is when it gets a little awkward. I can't wait to get my stand!

4. 3under2 macrumors regular

3under2

I haven't really anticipated needing to charge during the day. Figuredthe overnight charge would be good. I ordered a stand as well but thinking the nomad pod may be a better travel option.

5. sodaftl, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

sodaftl macrumors member

sodaftl

Just slide the magnetic charger inside the band. See below picture. And I did order the Premium One W2, since I charge my phone, and now the watch, every night.

Attached Files:

6. DirtySocks85, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I have also found some level of success putting the charger in place and then cinching the band tight around the charger.

Attached Files:

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I lay it down and put the charger between the watch and the band.

8. DoctorWho thread starter Suspended

DoctorWho

That's a great idea! I was really worried about it sliding around, getting knocked around etc. while sitting so loosely around the charger. This completely fixes that problem, though!

9. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I put the watch on the small thing that came in the case (not sure what it's called, the thing the watch was on when you got it), with the opening at the watch back, and then put the charger on that. I did order the Pad & Quill stand, and will look forward to getting that.

10. Sphyrna macrumors regular

So far I've been using the case it came in. I attach the charger, then slip it on to the C ring, then tighten the strap, and set it on its side in the little groove in the box.

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Exactly this. I fit it over the C ring with the watch itself over the opening, attached the charger and let it down in the box. Done. I would like a stand but I'm looking for one that doesn't cost a crazy amount and has a place for my phone too.

12. jjlannoo Suspended

I just stick it on the bottom and set it down lol

13. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Hm. I haven't used the 'c-ring' yet. I put in the bottom of the box with the edge of the watch in the groove (as it came in) and snap on the charger. Works fine for me. The Milanese band is extended to the rear to hold the watch upright.